Tuesday

Forest Friends

 
I put together a woodland themed baby shower for my aunt and uncle, who are expecting their first child in September. Finding the location was the hardest part. I wanted to keep with the theme, but having it outside was not an option, because it's 104 here in Texas. I searched and searched and finally came across the Fort Worth Nature Center. It was perfect! surrounded by trees, animals, and well.... nature.
 
I found a forest friends fabric and went with the colors green, grey, tan, and orange. I wanted to go with a very rustic, outdoorsy feel, to bring the outside in.
 
I covered some cardboard letters in moss, spelling out baby's name.
 
 
 
 
I made a small diaper cake for the parents to be and used an adorable woodland stuffed toy as the topper.
 
 

 
I also made a wood welcome sign, using scrap wood.
 
 
I kept the cake simple, topping it with a diy banner and twigs, and a mama and baby deer:)
 
 
I made chocolate peanut butter "acorns" with bite sized nutter butters, Hershey's kisses, and mini chocolate chips.
 
The s'more pops were a big hit!
yummy!
 
I rented forest green linens and found some wooden utensils to fit right in with the theme... it's the small details that count.
 

The favors were tiny clay pots with moss, candy, and a plantable seeded paper leaf.




 
Chicken salad croissants
 
 
"mushroom" caprese in a pesto sauce
 

little critter cheese ball
 


 
spinach wraps
 




 
 
 
 

 

 
Wish tree for the parents to be...
 
 
 
I was really looking forward to throwing this woodland themed shower. I do a lot of girly parties, since I have a daughter, so this was a nice change for me. I absolutely love putting together beautiful memorable parties for family and friends. I really do feel like this is my calling:)
God is Good!

No comments:

Post a Comment